SuperEval’s Michael Horning, Jr. will be presenting a workshop entitled, Successfully Navigating the Superintendent Evaluation, on February 6th for DCMO BOCES Board of Education Members and Superintendents. The presentation will take place at Club 55 in Sidney, NY.
This interactive, hands-on, and skill-building workshop explores the answers to the essential question, “What is required to develop and support an effective superintendent?”
In this workshop, participants will:
- Examine the foundational context and compelling whys for superintendent evaluations.
- Analyze SMART superintendent performance goals aligned to an evaluation.
- Define performance expectations through a superintendent model evaluation instrument.
- Explore the concept of an evidence-based evaluation while discerning the differences between evidence, interpretation, and bias.
- Validate SuperEval as a model and tool for facilitating superintendent evaluation based on standards of excellence.
Dinner is at 5:30 and the program will follow from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Members must register by Wednesday, January 29, 2020.